Good physical and mental health is the foundation of well-being. The Teen Clinic at the YRC is dedicated to providing young people, aged 5-20, with the highest quaility medical, dental and mental healthcare available in Kansas City. Services are provided through a unique collaboration of Children's Mercy Hospital, Miles of Smiles, Pacific Dental, Insight Eye Care and therapists from Synergy's family care team.
The clinic is consciously designed and operated to overcome the barriers that prevent homeless and other uninsured young people from accessing regular healthcare. The environment, hours of operation, forms and paperwork, exams and follow-up services, all cater to a teen’s unique needs and circumstances; and no one is turned away due to an inability to pay.
With comprehensive and culturally competent care, the clinic provides a "medical home" that focuses on wellness and prevention as a way to reduce emergency crises and high-risk behaviors, as well as to improve overall health and well-being. Through education, motivation and support, patients are empowered to take control of their physical and emotional health.
- Minor illness and injury
- Annual physical exams/sports physicals
- Chronic disease managment (like asthma)
- Nutrition counseling
- Adolescent gynecology & birth control
- Pregnancy testing & sexually trasmitted infection screening/treatment
- Basic exams
- Prescription glasses
- Comprehensive oral exams, x-ray and cleaning
- Sealants and crowns on primary and permanent teeth
- Extraction of primary teeth
- Talk therapy through individual sessions with a therapist or in teen support groups
- Expressive therapies like art, music and movement offered by therapists in individual or group settings
Schedule an appointment for Children's Mercy 816-234-3050; for Miles of Smiles 816-505-4971.