Since Synergy's residents often arrive at shelter with only the clothes on their backs, personal care and household items are always needed. Please donate items from our basic needs list such as:
- Personal Products (Socks, Undergarments, cold medicine)
- Household Items (Towels, Blankets, Sheets, Pillows, Bathroom Rugs and Laundry Soap)
- Hair Care Products (Shampoo, Conditioner, Combs and Brushes for all hair types)
- Hygiene Products (Soap, Deodorant, Diapers, Feminine Hygiene Products, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Kleenex)
- Gift cards to help clients establish new households or with emergency needs
Office supplies provide budgetary relief as does donated printing, building maintenance, and other office services.
We received nearly $2,500 last year through the collection of used cell phones in partnership with Shelter Alliance. Collected phones are responsibly recycled, with the proceeds benefiting Synergy's domestic violence programs. You can help raise thousands of dollars through this program, and it won't cost you a thing! We encourage you to organize collection efforts at your workplace, place of worship or other community organization.
Our cell phone fundraiser program is sponsored by Shelter Alliance (www.shelteralliance.net), a program of cell phone recycling company GRC Wireless Recycling (www.grcrecycling.com). Through Shelter Alliance, nonprofit organizations raise funds through the collection & recycling of used cell phones, and businesses & consumers donate & recycle cell phones to benefit nonprofit participants.